We're Hiring! Social Media Assistant
CREATIVE. ENTHUSIASTIC. PASSIONATE about fantastic food, drink and events. If this sounds like you and you're interested in a digital role, please get in touch.
Social Media Assistant – 24 hours per week
Appetite Events is an award-winning event catering company based in Edinburgh, specialising in bespoke event catering for weddings, corporate and private events. Covering events in Edinburgh and the surrounding Lothians primarily, we also work across Scotland and the rest of the UK.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join our team as a part-time Digital Executive.
Working closely with the events and kitchen teams, the digital executive will be responsible for developing and delivering a digital strategy across the company website and social media channels.
This will include updating and creating content on our website and across our social media channels. The successful candidate will manage day-to-day interactions with supporters and contacts via the social channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Development and delivery of the social media strategy
- Attend large and influential events to post across social media platforms in real time
- Editing and publication of content on the website as directed by the team and using own initiative
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) of content
- Daily management of social media communications with supporters and interested parties, building relationships with existing friends and clients online
- Daily monitoring and reporting of social media activity
- Growth of social media networks and audiences
- Development of relationships with social media “influencers” and food/event bloggers
- Writing and editing copy for all departments as required
- Photo editing of images from our projects using specialist software
- Management of audio and video uploads and channels
- Contribute to the development of new online resources and projects
Required experience and skills
- Proven working knowledge of social media channel management and content creation experience, ideally within a commercial environment
- Applicants must have exceptional written and communication skills, along with a keen eye for detail
- A passion for food and drink and an interest in ethical business
- Experience of copy writing and proof reading
- Experience of working with Photoshop or similar program (preferable)
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive outlook
- Creative, innovative individual with a passion for food, drink and events, plus an interest in ethical business
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Flexibility, willingness to support team when relevant
- Enjoy working as part of a team
Required education and qualification
- Marketing or social media marketing degree preferred
- Position office based, although there will be a requirement to attend specific events for social media purposes
- Hours of work 9 am – 5 pm
- Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000 pro rata
- There is also an opportunity to supplement income by becoming part of our front of house team on a casual basis
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Staggered hours
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your CV with covering letter stating current salary and why you think you'd be perfect for the role to email@example.com. Many thanks.