Dia De Los Muertos
Dia De Los Muertos at The National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh
To create a 'Dia de los Muertos', Mexican feast. Appetite Events collaberated with The National Museum of Scotland to say thank you to just a few of our valued clients.
With a warm welcome from fire dancers on Chambers Street, and Mexican inspired cocktails and beers on arrival. Our guests were entertained during a drinks reception by a palm reader, face painter, stilt walkers and Rosa Parks supplying floral sugar skull style head dresses.
For Dinner, our guests were seated on a long banquet table, dressed with colourful glassware and linen, inspired by a Mexican family style banquet, and serenaded by a traditional Mariachi band.
- Traditional Margaritas - Tequila bianco, cointreau, fresh lime, served with a salt rim and fresh lime wheel.
- Gin Paloma - Tanqueray gin, fresh grapefruit juice, fresh lime and soda, garnished with fresh grapefruit.
- Watermelon and lime agua fresca - Fresh watermelon puree, lime juice, gomme syrup and soda water.
- Heritage tomato and jalapeno salsa in a tortilla cup.
- Breaded monkfish cheek with a chilli and lime glaze.
- Oysters in a buttermilk and lime foam.
- Halibut, Tomato and Mango Ceviche with Red Pepper Puree, Coriander Oil and Puffed Chipotle Cracker
- Smashed Avocado with Chili, Lime Sheep’s Curd and Crisp Tortillas
- Pico De Gallo Of Tomato, Red Onion and Torn Coriander
- Plantain Chips with Green Salsa
- Sticky Slow Cooked Ox Shin Quesadilla with Pomegranate Molasses and Soft Cheese
- Blackened Sweet Corn Glazed with Whey and Hot Sauce
- Crispy Monk Fish Cheek Taco with Compressed Cucumber and Pickled Shallots
- Crunchy Red Cabbage and Spring Onion Slaw with Honey and Lemon Dressing
- Spiced Black Bean, Goats Curd and Sun-Dried Tomato Soft Taco
- Lime and Chilli Posset, Compressed and Charred Pineapple, Paloma Granite, Salted And Candied Lime, Pink Grapefruit Jelly, Sheep’s Milk Ice Cream